This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my disclosure.
Ahhhh, summertime – you’re my favorite!
The kids are out of school, the days are longer, and we all spend a LOT more time outside.
But, here at Jayandel, we’re still plenty busy (but we’re making sure we take some time to PLAY as well).
Alrighty, let’s kick off Summer 2018 in a BIG way!
Now that it’s June, you know what is RIGHT around the corner, right?
Yep – Father’s Day!
We have a TON of Fathers Day Crafts for the kids here – they’re all SO cute (and would make great gifts for Dad and Grandpa too!)
Need some Father’s Day gift ideas?
Is your father just a big kid at heart? Check out 10 Cool Toys for Dads Who Are Big Kids
Or maybe your dad is a HUGE puzzle fan, if so check out 10 Mind-Blowing Gifts for Dads Who Love Puzzles
Also, as June is the month of National Gardening Week! We have a list of Awesome Plants to Start Growing.
Need Some Ideas for the Kids This Summer?
If you are having a family bbq this year go check out our free bbq scavenger hunt printable, download it, print it out and keep the kids occupied (and out from under your feet!).
Or if you have crafty children, get them to give these ridiculously fun bug crafts a go.
Here are a few other summer ideas for kids you can try this year:
- Join or start a summer book club/reading club
- Enrol your child in a summer camp
- Start a collection together- then learn more about what you’re collecting
- Visit the zoo- be sure to explore and talk about what you see there
- Visit museums- art museums, history museums, science museums
- Go biking- make a day of it and pack water and go together
- Go fishing
- Visit the park
- Go to the public library- they usually have summer programs going on as well
- Do community service/volunteer
- Start or keep a summer journal together- write about all the things you do and learn
- Clean the house, garage or specific room of the house together
- Play games together
- Write letters to friends and family
Alrighty, that’s all!
I hope YOU have an amazing summer.